Fritz AI is a SaaS product used by mobile developers to create apps powered by Artificial Intelligence. Our customers use the platform to teach their apps how to see, hear, sense, and think. Customers have built amazing experiences in Fritz AI, ranging from crop disease identification for African farmers to augmented reality Snapchat-for-pets. Applications only made possible by Fritz AI.
Content Manager overview:
Fritz AI is looking for a smart, creative, and organized individual to join its marketing team and take charge of the Heartbeat publication as its part-time Content Manager. Already with over 1.5 million readers per quarter, you'll have the opportunity to influence strategy that earns Hearbeat's next million readers. This is a perfect role for someone looking to grow as a content marketer and experience the ins and outs of a fast-paced, venture-backed startup.
As a Content Manager, you'll help manage, guide, and shape our community content strategy. Specifically, you'll take charge of the groundwork that goes into our sponsored publication, Heartbeat. Heartbeat is a technical blog that explores machine learning/AI, mobile app development, and the intersection between the two.
This is a paid position with a monthly contract of $1,200 per month, which is approximately 10 hours per week at $30 per hour.
- Screening Heartbeat publication submissions for suitability (both for content fit and quality of writing)
- Copy editing accepted submissions, both for language usage and content development/structure, as needed
- Spot-checking submissions for plagiarism
- Managing publication queue and record-keeping for submissions and editorial status
- Sourcing/Recruiting new contributing writers as needed
- Identifying and filling potential gaps in content
- Collaborating closely with our team to ensure effective and timely editorial processes
- Designing contributor blog posts to match publication branding
- Scheduling and publishing contributor drafts
- Sharing published contributor drafts on our social and other channels
There are no hard and fast requirements in terms of qualifications or work experience, but success in this role will require some of the following skills:
- Strong written communication and editorial skills (both in terms of copy and developmental editing)
- Ability to identify content that fits within a core strategy
- Precise attention to detail
- Effective organizational skills and practices
- A collaborative, curious attitude
- Experience working with social media channels (i.e. Twitter) and tools (i.e. Buffer)
- [Plus] Basic experience with design tools (Photoshop, GIMP, etc)
- [Plus] Working knowledge of machine learning and/or mobile development
What you'll learn:
- The foundations of technical content marketing. You'll work intimately with a network of technical writers and the communities they're a part of. In the process, you'll learn how content strategy fits into an overall marketing funnel.
- How to manage an editorial workflow, from intake to publication. Working with common tools like HubSpot, Jira, Google Sheets, and more, you'll learn how to manage an ever-changing queue of content to most effectively meet and track content goals.
- Whatever intrigues you! You'll have consistent, dedicated time with our team to explore any aspects of the tech marketing world you'd like.
What you'll own:
- The core of our publication's editorial workflow. This means editorial discretion—the ability to find and recruit new writers, manage our editorial calendar, handle contributor content licensing, and more.
- Our contributor content strategy. Working closely with our Head of Community, you'll help shape and ultimately own our community-level content strategy.
About our team and culture:
We are a growth-stage startup team that is passionate about AI, and we believe it will be the most transformative technology change of our generation. Our culture is transparent, honest, and direct—you'll always know what's going on and why it furthers our mission. Our founders have previously built, scaled, and exited successful technology businesses such as HubSpot, BabbaCo, Wyth, and TechStars.
Due to the health and safety risks associated with COVID-19, the Fritz AI team will be working remote for the remainder of 2020. We plan on re-opening an office in Boston in 2021 or when it is safe to do so. Working remotely doesn’t mean working alone. Our team meets regularly over video chat for daily standups, planning meetings, and whiteboarding sessions. We also hold virtual weekly team lunches, and fun events that have included digital safaris and "Paint" nights.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position. APPLY VIA EMAIL